Due to the coronavirus (Covid 19) pandemic, we would like to make you aware of temporary measures we are taking in order to protect our team and our clients. These guidelines will be amended on the 15th of June 2020. If you are moving house after the 15th of June 2020, please read our New Guidelines For Moving House During the Coronavirus (Covid 19) Pandemic.
We are continuing to provide man with a van services to our clients throughout the government lock down and the coronavirus (Covid 19) pandemic. We are however, following social distancing guidelines and we have put some extra precautions in place to help prevent the spread of the virus and save lives. The government has not banned moving house. Advice from the government is to delay moving home – if possible. You can read government advice about moving house during the lock down here.
All of our removals operatives have been provided with disposable gloves, masks and protective overalls. They have been advised to wear a new pair of gloves every time they load, and every time they unload. Masks and overalls could be worn at our clients request, or if any of our team feel it to be necessary.
The front and back of our vans are currently being cleaned and sanitised after every job – this is to help ensure that they are free from any contamination, ready to transport our next clients items safely.
During the government lock down, for the safety of our team and our clients, we are only carrying out contactless removals and contactless same day courier services.
Contactless means – a two metre gap or more that must be maintained between any of our team, our client, and anyone connected to our client throughout the process.
We advise and ask all of our clients to:
1. Book in advance wherever possible to avoid disappointment.
2. Pack responsibly – Please make sure everything is packed in either boxes or plastic bags. No loose bedding or clothing will be accepted.
3. Transport food separately – Please note we can only transport frozen or chilled foods for a maximum of 30 minutes. Our vans are not refrigerated. Please transport frozen or chilled foods on a separate refrigerated vehicle if possible, or take it with you in your own vehicle or on public transport.
4. Book a two man service – If you have any large furniture or similar size items that need to be moved, you are required to book a two man service. Our drivers are not currently permitted to carry any large heavy items without a fellow colleague. Alternatively, two people from the same household can load and unload these items themselves without assistance from the driver.
5. Keep it contactless – Please keep a two metre distance or more from our team at all times and do not touch or shake hands.
6. Arrange for your own personal transportation – We are currently unable to take any passengers. This is due to the seating space in our vans not complying with the social distancing guidelines. Please travel in your own vehicle. If you or anyone in your household does not have one, we recommend you travel using public transport at off peak times when the social distancing guidelines can most likely be complied with.
7. Don’t book if you have coronavirus – If you have a cough, a temperature or if you have been in contact with anyone with these symptoms within the past 30 days, please do not book our services until you have followed the self isolation guidelines. You can find the self isolation guidelines and advice from the NHS here. If you have already booked with us, please let a member of our team know as soon as possible so we can freeze your booking until you are ready to move.
We thank you very much for your cooperation and we really appreciate your business.